My Style Authority and FifteenAve have teamed up to enrich and immortalize a once in a life time We PROMise Prom Makeover experience in the lives of ten high school rising stars. Ten (10) lucky students will be granted the opportunity to be outfitted with couture dresses, dapper tuxedos and professionally groomed to “slay” and “serve” the scene on their plush prom night. DMV high school students will compete through social media to become the winning school. Students from the winning school will submit an essay on what a prom makeover will mean to them. Judges will select 6 young ladies and 4 young men to receive this extraordinary transformation. The makeover for young ladies and men will include hair, makeup, prom attire, accessories, and a swaged-out party bus.Read Contest Rules
Jessica Dew is the founder and CEO of My Style Authority. Jessica is also a wardrobe professional who has worked on indi-films, major films, ballets, musicals, plays, operas, and concerts. Jessica is a Social Style- Preneur: a social entrepreneur who gives back to the community using style.
Walter Atta, also known as Walt, is 1/2 of Fifteen Avenue style company. The 22 year old fashion stylist from PG County, MD. I'm of Nigerian descent who comes from a proud family with a strong background in medicine and entrepreneurship. Walt draws most of his inspiration from the fashion He experienced while traveling abroad. As a result He enjoys finding new ways to blend culture and fashion in ways that make it inclusive to everyone and enjoyable for all.
Wilson "Willie" Ebo, is 1/2 of Styling company Fifteen Avenue, the all around creative mind, business savvy, Christian rooted, Nigerian American; raised In the D.C. Maryland Virginia area. Throughout life he had a burning passion for the arts that could not be settled." I use to dress and style all of my action figures as a kid to keep them stylish". Facing a lot of adversity from people outside and in home, Willie then made it his mission to show everyone that art and creativity is not a "hobby" or a "waste of time" but the heart beat we share as one people; while also encouraging and providing mentorship to those who have the same passion and are inspired to do greater things in the arts". (Philippians 3:13-14 )
The We PROMise Makeover has 4 phases to select the 10 lucky stars to get a once in a lifetime chance to slay their prom. The contest officially starts on January 9 - February 13, 2017.
1. The School Competition: The first phase is selecting the winning school. How it works is that students from high school in the DMV will go on Twitter and tweet why their school should win,using #mypromdream and the hashtag of their school. Whichever school engages the most on Twitter using #mypromdream and their school hashtag will win. The winning school will be announced February 20, 2017. CLOSED
2. Student Essays: Participating students within the winning school will write essays on why they should win a prom makeover. These essays are to be submitted on this site where it says "Submit Your Essay." Essays submissions are from FEB 27th - Mar 13th
3. The Top 10 winning students will be revealed on April 1st, 2017.
Have fun and Good Luck!
1. You must be a high school student going to your senior prom in Spring 2017.
2. You must attend a (PUBLIC) high school in the Washington Metropolitan Area (DMV)
3. Your (PUBLIC) high school must be within the following areas: Prince Georges County, District of Columbia, Montgomery County, Arlington County, and Fairfax County.